Wednesday, June 4, 2014

English 620 pages 25 and 26th May Danish title: Idem When the last Dan Brown was released, I was fo


English 620 pages 25 and 26th May Danish title: Idem When the last Dan Brown was released, I was foolish neet enough to buy it the day it came out - the full hardback price! And I read it in three days; so this time - by bitter experience - I waited for it came in paperback. Yet 13 EUR indeed a little pricey price for two days of 'entertainment' - but more are apparently neet not in a Dan Brown? I want to its defense to say that I think that is better neet than the third in the series about Robert neet Langdon. But it's still a time hogwash literature. This time we start in Florence and it's a wide range of name-dropping of famous buildings, skulptuer and paintings, as we pulled through. It fills the These are all - like it enough hundred-long episode that describes neet Langdon escape neet through Florence through parks and castles, until he finally enters the Palazzio Vecchio with the blonde, who is to be the female element in this novel. Of course this can never be a man - and it is always a woman with hidden secrets. This time he has thrown himself into a safe topical subject - Earth's overpopulation - and coupled it with Dante's version of Hell from the Divine Comedy. The parallel is of course easy to construct, as he does with verse feet and references to paintings and places. Personally, I saw quite early guessed that it would end in just cistern in Istanbul by Medusa-head, and it ruined the surprise neet for me; I might have gone too much - but it was the one and only picture I got in my head. And it's still a little too fast-paced to be credible - it all takes place over two days with no sleep but crosses several cities and countries, and survive countless dangers. No ... it was good for real Da Vinci Code - but it simply makes it no longer. I am also not sure that Brown can keep up, I found up to two factual errors in his chronology. But he understands the selling books, as I fell into the trap too - again!
I read a lot - too much perhaps - but I'm curious; I read novels, biographies, non-fiction ... a very wide selection of both new and old! It is not always haunting books, but they all come with on this blog so I can remember them - and perhaps inspire, warn or give pleasure to read them. I read a lot of French and English, neet but you will usually be able to find a link to the Danish title in the notifications.
2014 (47) June (3) May (8) The River - Patricia Wastvedt Rimbaud - Edmund White Inferno - Dan Brown Pour l'amour des miens - Anne Alassane La Femme au temps des Cathedrales - Régine Pernoud ... Mapplethorpe - Judith Benhamou-Huet Blood and Beauty - Sarah Dunant La Déesse des petites Victoires - Yannick Grannec April (7) March (12) February (10) January (7) 2013 (96) December (5) November (10) October (10) September (8) August (7) July (8) June (7) May (10) April (8) March (8) February (8) January (7) 2012 (103) December (3) November (7) October (12) September (10) August (10) July (8) June (5) May (12) April (9) March (7) February (9) January (11) 2011 (112) December (10) November (6) October (8) September (9) August (9) July (14) June (17) May (8) April (5) March (9) February (9) January (8) 2010 (80) December (9) November (4) October (7) September (6) August (8) July (6) June (5) May (7) April (8) March (7) February (5) January (8) 2009 (75) December neet (8) November (7) October (6) September (6) August (7) July (5) June (7) May (5) April (7) March (5) February neet (7) January (5) 2008 (43) November (4) October (4) September (8) August (2) July (4) June (5) May (6) March (2) February (4) January (4) 2007 (31) December neet (1) November (6) October (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment