Thursday, January 23, 2014

March 2006 Dear Madam I just Grobler


March 2006 Dear Madam I just Grobler's the exercise we did in class, I really enjoyed. It was interesting for me and for the first time I really understood how it feels when someone does not make eye contact with you is not. especially if you have a serious problem. as friend with you when you do her everyday well told, then I think the only disabled person, and I do half a "mental note" that she was not really interested in me. but in class it was a different indiabix story. I was a patient who really had a problem and became very verstreud when no attention is given to me is not. usually if a patient comes to you, he / she many doubts and you will only damage their self-esteem if you were not appropriate dimension. I think Eagan's model for helping many "spot-on". this is usually how I approach problems. Of course there will be problems and patients who only person not be approached but for most cases I think Eagan's model will work. My philosophy is to help .... "do indiabix not help if your not equiped". one thing I hate is people who always know everything. especially if they do not actually know what they are talking about. I just hate, I will also try not to do it. so if someone asks me for help, and it's something I know nothing I will be honest, and say "I do not really know, but that's my opinion." I think the psychology classes is really a good idea. although I do not answer to all my patients are going to have problems, I'll probably only the patient can help yourself to find the solution of the skills I learned in class has. if you "empathetic" towards the patient will feel they have acquired that you really care and that they can trust, two very important aspects in the relationship with the patient. It helps me to have my own feelings to understand. by trying to make sense of other people's feelings, I understand better why I feel certain ways and where it comes from. It also allows me to then better deal. again to Mrs. might ask whether Mrs me information about the psychological effect of a breast amputation on a patient have?, or any advice on where I can get the information. Thanks until next month! Andri
Dear Andri I apologize that I only respond to your previous two comments, but here it is! I agree with your philosophy of helping: non-verbal communication, eg. eye contact is very important for a patient to feel that you are listening and interested in what they have to say. To know your limits and do not think that you have the 'expert' is someone else's life, is much more valuable than trying to find solutions for all of that! The entire purpose of helping 'to teach patients how to help themselves. About your query regarding borsamputasie, indiabix I the following books and websites are recommended: 1. Gift from within: written from personal experience and borsamputasie based on narrative therapy (www.giftfromwithin.org / html / lifeaftr.htm) 2. Psychological Preparation of the patient for Breast Reconstruction. Matheson, G. & Drever, JM (www.pubmed.gov) 3. Coping indiabix with loss of body parts, Peter Maguire & Colin Murray Parkes. (Www.cirp.org / library / psych / Maguire) You are welcome to write to me to come and talk about it! Greetings Ilze


No comments:

Post a Comment